Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tricia Lawrenson

cfhusband.blogspot.com  (this is the link to this family's blog--you'll have to type it in because I cannot seem to get the click-on link thing to work)

Many of you who have followed my blog for the past nearly 5 years might remember me talking about a woman named Tricia (see above) who has Cystic Fibrosis. I've followed her husband's blog about their life dealing with Cystic Fibrosis all these years.  Tricia was on the waiting list for a double lung transplant in the fall of 2007 when she and her husband became pregnant. She chose to continue her pregnancy as her health continued to decline and she was hospitalized at Duke for many months.  She had their baby girl around 25-26 weeks gestation and not long after she received her lung transplant and both she and her baby were in the hospital until around June 2008 until they were able to return home to their home on the outerbanks, Kill  Devil Hills. 

I've continued to follow their blog and recently her husband posted that she needs another lung transplant and is currently trying to get stronger so she can go back on the list.  Their little girl is in the photos above with them and is doing pretty good for all she went through being born so early.  I just ask that you say a prayer for this family that Tricia can be placed back on the transplant list and that she doesn't have to wait too much longer to get some new lungs.

I also ask that you consider organ donation on your driver's license or in your medical records. 


2 comments:

  1. Organ donation is the key to life for many people. I have it marked on my license and also in my will. I will say a prayer for her and the family.

    ReplyDelete