Sunday, October 21, 2012

#14

Freshman year...2009

Sophomore year...2010
Junior year...2011
Senior year...2012


I didn't think I'd be this emotional when soccer season was over, but I am.  Last night's game was a difficult one to accept because it was the end of Robbie's high school soccer career and he has played so well this year, especially the past few weeks.  I would say the post season games have been his best ever and I am so proud of him!  He's played defender this year and has done quite well despite the fact that he never really loved that position. 

He has started and played all the regional tournament games and these last two games he played all 80 minutes including last night's sudden death overtime where they ended up losing to another local team (that we don't like).  Needless to say, it was a tearful end to the season.  We said goodbye to parents we probably will not see anymore after the annual banquet next month, as the boys walked off the field towards the parking lot for their last team bus ride.  Most had tears in their eyes.  I certainly did.

1 comment:

  1. Sad to see your kids end a era of sports. I can remember those days with Angie and Robbie.

    ReplyDelete