Monday, October 1, 2012

End of Season

Tuesday night is Senior Night as well as the last regular season soccer game.  The next thing will be the District tournament next week and if the team cannot make it out of that, then Robbie's soccer playing days are probably over.  Robbie will be getting a job after the season does end but what will Bob and I do?? Whatever we want to!!  :)  Woo hoo!

I know by spring we'll be bored (or tired of doing home projects) and will hopefully want to venture out to watch someone else's kids play over here. We still have friends whose kids will be playing in the spring season as they intend to try to play in college next year too.  We'll probably try to catch some of their games when the weather is nice and I'm sure we will venture up to our high school home field to watch the next set of kids play. 

We all have exciting times ahead of us here at this old house.  We'll have to adjust to a new normal but I'm sure we'll all do just fine.  I think having to share Robbie with his biological father over the years has primed me for the upcoming "empty nest" so that it won't really be a "syndrome". In all liklihood we won't actually have an empty nest this time next year as there is the possibility of Robbie staying in town for at least the first semester, if not for the entire freshman year of college.  I hope after that he can move away to experience life at college. It sounds fun to me and I'm sure he'll love it but I'm not sure how serious he would be about school his first year.   If we had money to just throw out the window we'd let him go away next year and just see what happens...but we don't know how much help we (Bob and I) will have from the x-factor for college so moving away freshman year is only a remote possibility at this time.

I'm enjoying my first day of vacation (or maybe it's my third) and after I play on here I have a few cleaning tasks on my list then I might snuggle up on the sofa with the kitties and fall asleep to a really bad reality tv show.

Every year for Senior Night the parents (moms) put big collages together for their son.  I met with some other soccer moms over the weekend and worked for nearly 4 hours to get the above completed for Robbie.  He will get to see it before the game on Tuesday night.  Pictures are from the high school and select teams with just a couple unrelated to soccer.  I loved putting this together for him and can't wait for him to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment