Monday, October 15, 2012

My Birthday Weekend: The First Half

Friday was an exciting evening here at this old house!  I picked up the kiddos then we came home to wait for Bob and Robbie so we could eat Japanese food for dinner.  Lucas was found running around the house with this sign around his neck:
At the "fire rice" restaurant, as Sam calls it, for dinner. 
Samantha loves the soup and rice at this restaurant.  She ate all of her soup and nearly all of her rice!
It took some persuading (a dollar's worth of a bribe) for Griffin to try his soup.
We took a shopping trip to Big Lots after dinner to get new coloring books. Griffin ended up talking us into this penguin hat and Sam got some new cat house socks.
I made up an incredible little bed for Griffin in the guest room.  I would've slept there if I could! 
Sam got to sleep in the big bed... she is sporting her new cat socks before bed while Lucas decides where he will go to sleep.
The next morning the kids decorated a cake I baked for my birthday.  I let them use the sprinkles and happy birthday decorations of their choosing.
You know, it looks like a lot (and it really is, LOL), but all those sprinkles really tasted good on the cake!  It gave a little sweet-n-crunchy texture to the soft cake and icing. 

Look at how sweet this is....

Part 2 of my weekend will include our trip down to the new riverfront our town just completed over the past few years.  Let me tell you, it is AWESOME!!!  I wish they would've done it 10 years ago so we could have taken Robbie there to play.  I saw playground equipment I've never seen before plus the landscaping is really top notch!  It's fun for all ages too, and Bob and I have already planned on taking future date nights down there.  There are several sets of patio type swings that fit 3-4 adults lined up all along the riverfront.  It is just gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics. Love the cake. Hope you had a good one. Mom

    ReplyDelete