Oh, what can I say about these morsels of everything sweet and yummy! I found the recipe for Carmelitas on Pinterest (of course!) and after I got my lab results last week I decided to splurge and indulge in a few treats, since I was on vacation afterall. By the way, my total cholesterol is 165 now and all the other numbers were in the range they are supposed to be! Yippee!
Carmelitas start out with a crust made from butter, flour, oats and brown sugar. Press that into an 8x8 pan to bake. Melt 30 some-odd caramels in a pan with heavy whipping cream until melted together. Sprinkle baked crust with chocolate chips then pour the caramel over the top and crumble the rest of the crust mixture over that. Bake some more then let cool. If you want the recipe I'd be happy to give you the one I used. These things are so delicious!!!!!!!
Cut them into small bars and enjoy!

Please send me the reicpe because I have to take something to school in the next couple of weeks and my teachers would love this.
ReplyDelete