Tuesday, January 10, 2012

That New Year's Resolution

So far, so good with my resolution to be less busy.  I was a little busier on the front end of the first week of the New Year making a chore calendar for those of us at this old house.  Everyone has their own color coded list of things to do each week.  I've placed it on the refrigerator so that we all know what needs to be done and when.  It has saved me time and anguish from wondering when the stairway might get swept of all the cat hair that accumlates every few days, etc. Not everything that needs to be done is listed but most of the things that should be done every week or few days is on there. It's been very helpful in my quest to have more down time as I know I'm not responsible for keeping everything clean or having to ask my housemates to "help" me with housework.  I think I've given the speech about how I didn't spend 5 years in college to be a housewife more than once.  ha ha!

Another time saver has been to plan our meals out for each week.  Last week I made a big ole pot of potato soup and cheddar garlic biscuits. We ate on that for 3 nights.  This week we'll eat crockpot bbq chicken and baked home fries/sweet potatoes for a couple nights then spaghetti with andouille sausage  and salad for a couple nights. 

Speaking of salads...if you go to O'Charley's and are in the salad mood you should try the Calypso Spinach Salad.  Yum!  I figured out how to make the honey apple cider viniagrette here at home so ate that salad last week for my lunches.  Another good salad I'm going to try to make at home is the Calypso Chicken Salad found at Cheeseburger in Paradise.  It has a lot of fruit in it and is really good.  Yes, I think that's correct that they both are called "Calypso" salads. 

Okay, I'll shut up after this.  If you've never seen either of the "Hangover" movies you must AND after you watch the first one you have to watch the second one. We watched "The Hanger II" last night and laughed our asses off!  Robbie saw it before us; what can I do?  Chaperone him when he goes to the movie theater??  Obviously he saw it last year when it came out and probably bought a ticket to see a Disney movie but actually snuck in to see the rated R movie.  Didn't you do that when you were a kid?  ha ha  Now that he's 17 he can get into any movie legitimately.  Oh well, he tells me he knows everything anyway.  He said he learned his knowledge from the older kids on the school bus. 

Have a good week!

1 comment: