Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Lofty Goal

2012 looks to have a lot of significant milestones for us. Watching the Summer Olympics. Presidential election where Robbie will be able to vote for the first time. Acquiring another vehicle. Our second trip to Yellowstone National Park. My best friend having a baby. My in-law's 50th wedding anniversary. Spring Break with my teenager. I'm sure there are many more.

I didn't made a resolution list for this year but one thing I am promising to myself is to be less busy. I'm not going to fill up our calendar only to find no time where we can be at home, sitting on our patio swing and watching the birds on a mild evening after work. I might be doing more semi-homemade meals instead of insisting everything be made from scratch so I'm not in the kitchen so much. We are going to keep this old house picked up by using a schedule of when certain chores need to be done instead of waiting for a couple weeks to have some mass cleaning because of company coming over.

I want to do all the fun stuff this year but I also want to take time to enjoy what I am doing. Just seems like if everything else in order there would be time to stop and smell the roses, right? We discussed our annual Quesadilla Party recently. We don't want to skip the annual make-your-own gathering but may not go to the extremes we usually do since our vacation will be around that time. Last year was CRAZY trying to get all that done within a few days of coming home after a two week vacation. I was so tired afterwards that I'm not sure I even remember who I talked to that day.

Maybe I should have used the word 'balance' in this post title. I think that's what I'm really searching for this year. I don't know if I can do this but I'm going to give it a try. Anyone else setting goals for 2012?

1 comment:

  1. I have learned these many years later not to set resolutions. Your goal of more time sounds good. With a teenager in the house, time can become a precious commmodity.

    ReplyDelete