Major disappointment today. I only worked a couple hours
because I was supposed to leave this morning to visit my dear friend, Glenna,
for the weekend. Our first real snow and the winter weather over in their area
has put a damper on those plans. That was disappointment #1. Number 2 was when
Robbie and I went out for a quick stop to the Dunkin' Donuts shop that just
opened up here. I haven't had Dunkin' Donuts since we were in Panama City Beach
several years ago. The donuts were nothing to write home about but I wanted to
give it another try. We bought 1/2 dozen donuts and a bag of donut holes.
Crappy! The donuts all tasted day-old, like someone left them out on the
counter overnight or something. There wasn't hardly any glaze on them and the
texture of the donut itself was stale and not really soft and yeasty like other
donuts. So $10 down the drain (I also got a coffee--it was ok) but now we know
to not go there EVER again. I'm sure the leftover donuts will not get eaten and
I'll be throwing them out to the birds in a couple days.
I really don't
see how they'll make it here in this ole one horse town. There are a couple
other privately owned donut places in town that are much better. I'm sure people
here will see the difference and not long from now the fast food place-turned
pizza place-turned Dunkin' Donuts shop will be sitting empty.
No comments:
Post a Comment