Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2

I finally feel like I can sit down and relax after being off work for the 11th day now. Isn't that crazy? I started my vacation in a baking and cooking frenzy, all excited about the holidays and wanting to make everything just right. I wanted to have a good, homecooked meal for my family on Christmas Eve and lots of goodies to eat and give away. I did it all and it was wonderful weekend despite Robbie being sick.

Last week I did relax and watch movies but constantly stared at gift boxes, leftovers, Christmas stuff starting to pile up in every room and I pondered when I would finally find the energy to tackle "undecorating." We all hate that, right? Thinking about all the effort it would take to turn our home back to normal wore me plum out. I put up so much stuff this year, including two fully decorated trees.

Finally, last night and today we GOT IT ALL DONE! I was up early, as usual, and cleaned out the downstairs pantry and purged more things we just don't need. Bob and I went through every single Christmas storage container and labeled what went where, etc. He checked every single strand of lights we own and threw out the ones that didn't work. I got rid of a bunch of decorations we never use. Hello Goodwill! There is not a single Christmas trinket sitting around anywhere in our home now and I am loving it!!! I am sitting in the living room with my feet propped up on the new-to-me ottoman we purchased at Traderbaker's a couple days ago am watching snowflakes blow wildly in the wind. I'm thinking a cup of hot tea would be great right now so that's next on my agenda.

I'm going to spend the last few waking hours of my vacation here in the living room. I'm going to watch some tv and perhaps the news. My new Southern Living magazine has arrived and needs to be read over. Bob is going to fetch take-out for us because after being up and about since 7:00 working non-stop I am not about to stand in the kitchen and make homemade potato soup like I had planned. I'll do that tomorrow. I'm still on vacation today.

No comments:

Post a Comment