Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happenings 'Round Here

It's been a slow computer-use week as our laptop got sick from a Malware virus and spent a few days at the computer hospital getting fixed.  About $90 later it is well again.  I missed my best friend and I'm glad it's back.  ha ha! 

We've made our vacation plans to see Mom and Tom.  We are staying in a condo on the beach and I'm so excited!  Hotel rooms just don't work out for us (meaning me, Bob) and the teenager. We need more space to spread out to stay off each other's nerves.  Here are some photos:



Aside from that, I'm actually looking forward to more snow around here.  I would like to have a couple more snowfalls before Spring arrives.  No ice, just snow.    I had to cancel my trip to visit my friend, Glenna, last weekend because of the snow in her area but have rescheduled so I don't want it to snow again then.  I just want it when I want it, I suppose.

We spent several hours as couch potatoes last weekend watching the NFL playoffs.  I was rooting for the Ravens, Giants, Saints and Broncos.  Well, half my teams are going.  I'm going to make a huge pot of chili on Saturday night and we'll spend this Sunday watching some more.  I be rooting for the Giants and Ravens (I got hooked on the Ravens because of Michael Oher from "The Blind Side"). 

Speaking of chili...my friend told me about her chili recipe recently. She just uses a packet mix for her seasonings and adds tomato sauce, ground beef, onion and beans BUT her secret ingredient is a jar of tamales.  You know, the ones rolled up in paper in a jar.  Dad used to buy them when I lived at home.   She said she chops them up and adds the tamales and their juice to her batch of chili and everyone loves it.  It does really sound good!  I think I'll just put everything in the crockpot Saturday night and let it simmer.

That's about all I know thus far this week.  Hope everyone is doing well!!

5 comments:

  1. The condo is beautiful and let me know how the chili turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan-- the chili was really good. You could tell it had something different in it but by the time I cooked it down in the crockpot for about 12 hours the tamales were dissolved so you couldn't see them. I like to experiment with differnt chili recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the looks of the condo. I have a recipe for the chili with tamales. A lady at church makes it and brought it to a soup supper. It was very good, but hers still had chunks of tamales in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And speaking of soup, I made a shrimp and corn chowder Friday evening. It was very quick and easy and tasted like something I had really slaved over. Found it in a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chowder sounds good but I don't eat corn at all anymore. I could make it for Robbie and Bob though. On the chili---I chopped up the tamales pretty small and cooked it for so long in the crockpot that they kind of dissolved.

    ReplyDelete