Monday, January 23, 2012

Sometimes I Work From Here


I need a change of scenery every once in a while.  My "office" area in the downstairs is not ideal right now.  It's a child's desk with a bunch of office equipment and lacks any personality.  This gets boring some days.

So when I need to change things up I just gather what I need for the day and work up here.  I can look out the window, listen to the tv, have a place for my coffee or hot cocoa and prop my feet up on the new-to-us ottomon I purchased last month.  It's probably not good for my posture to sit on a cushy chair all day and balance the laptop on my crossed legs but it's so worth it when I need a little change.  One day last week I reused my coffee cup from Donut Bank and made some homemade cocoa.  (see below)
It was almost too much for one sitting.  That's a lot of cocoa and marshmallows and I was a little quesy for several hours after drinking it.  Note to self:  just drink a regular sized cup next time. 

The good thing about that day was when I got off work early and went to the salon to become blond once again.  (you should've seen my roots!)  If I could I would go to the salon and have someone wash and fix my hair everyday.  I have a good stylist who takes a few extra minutes and does a scalp massage when she washes hair.  So nice!

2 comments:

  1. Did you eat a fruit fritter along with the Donut Bank coffee?! Witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No actually I had gotten a latte the day before but decided to keep the cup so I could make a big ole cocoa the next day when I worked at home. I love nearly all donuts but have never had a fruit fritter. Maybe I'll try one with you after your baby gets here. LOL

      Delete