Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Midweek Stuff

So who is ready for the big IU/UK game this Friday night?  It's going to be a big basketball night as Kansas also plays. GO JAYHAWKS!!!!  We here at this old house are gearing up for an exciting evening!!  We cannot get enough March Madness in our system these days. 

I've been spending lots of time in the yard and walking in the evenings.  The weather has been so nice to spend time outdoors but does this mean it will be 100 outside in June?  You know, I'm a fair weather girl and if that happens I guess I'll be spending the summer indoors.  Our trees are blooming and I've done a lot of work out in the back garden.  I'm 40% done with the herb garden area in that we have almost all the existing flowers dug up and placed elsewhere.  I still have a lot to dig up and replant; I cannot seem to get rid of some of my lilies so I keep finding new places to tuck them away. 

I got my compost going again now that it is warm.  I noticed there are some plants growing out the side of it.  ha ha!  I think maybe it's from the pumpkin I threw in there last fall.  I'm going to be careful when I turn it so I can get that plant out and put is somewhere to grow.  So funny!  I was afraid this might happen but that's okay.  I cannot bring myself to kill a plant; except nasty weeds.

We do not have our new vehicle yet.  Now we're told there is no way we'll have it within the next two weeks when we were just told a week or so ago it might be in by the 15th.  Oh well, this just means another month without a car payment.  It's nice not having any car payments.

Robbie had his first outdoor soccer game last weekend.  They won 3-2. The weather got a little dicey so after they played for 5 minutes the remainder of the game was postponed for an  hour while two storm fronts moved through.  It was fun watching him play again and our team did an okay job without having played together for nearly a year.  The new coach used to coach teams at two of our local universities and looks like Mr. Clean.  I'll try to snap a picture of him at this weekend's game and post it on here. 

Hope everyone is well and enjoying this wonderful spring weather!!





2 comments:

  1. last year when we spread our compost, we got this crazy growing plant, it turned out to be the best pumpkin plant ever!

    And yes, we're starting to compost this week too! It feels great to get back into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how my herb garden grows using the composted soil. It's all exciting to me until it gets around 95 degrees then I'm done! ha ha

      Delete