Saturday, March 24, 2012

An Actual Event

(Couple weeks ago; phone rings here at this old house and on the other end is Robbie)

Robbie:  Mom, me and Kaylyn are at the mall and when we came out and tried to start the Jeep it wouldn't start.
Me: (after asking a few questions about any noises the Jeep might be making, etc. and him explaining it to me..)  Okay, Bob will be there in a few minutes so just stay outside in the parking lot.
Robbie: Well, it's hot outside so we're going to go back in and walk around.
Me:  No!  You need to stay outside to be there when Bob arrives and help him.  Kaylyn can go back inside but you stay where you are.

Of note:  This was in early March when it was warm for this time of year but certainly not "hot". 

Time goes by and Bob returns home a lot quicker than I thought he would--like in less than 20 minutes.  He's in my car; no sign of the Jeep or the kids.

Me: Well, what happened? (AAA couldn't have gotten there to tow the Jeep that quickly)
Bob:  When I got there I got out the jumper cables, etc etc etc. and it still wouldn't start...
Me:  (getting a sick feeling in my stomach that we were about to be hit with a very big repair bill and still wondering where the Jeep and the kids where at)   So where is the Jeep now?
Bob:  Well, when I got to trying to figure things out I realized that Robbie hadn't put the Jeep in 'park' when he turned off the ignition at the mall and it won't start unless the vehicle is in 'park'.  Once I put it in the correct gear it started right up.
Me:  (relieved!)  Oh, okay. Well that's good news!

Robbie is a true blond.  Ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. That is just a sad story on a 17 year old teenager. Blond-Blond-Blond.

    ReplyDelete