Ella Marie was born on March 2, 2012 at 3:04 pm after the storms moved through the area. She was originally scheduled to be born at 2:00 but the storm warnings postponed her arrival a little bit. All went well and baby Ella and her mommy are doing just fine! Isn't that little hat so cute? She was also swaddled in an actual swaddling wrap with a zipper versus those silly thin little blankets they try to wrap the baby in (that never stay swaddled). Hospitals have come a long way since I had a baby!
She weighs 7# 6oz and is 19" long. She has some dark hair but isn't the monkey baby we thought she might be. Or as Kristi said "chimpanzee hair." LOL She's just a tiny little thing!
Me and Baby Ella yesterday evening at the hospital. She had lots of visitors in her first hours of life.
I made strawberry/vanilla swirl cupcakes to help celebrate Ella's arrival...you can't have a birth-day without cake, right?
And what else did I have to do on Thursday night anyway :) I found these cute cupcake holders and picks at Walmart in the Easter section.
PINK, PINK, PINK!!!
As far as the storms were concerned, I didn't feel like we got hit that hard here at this old house. Yes, it got dark, windy and rainy but all the hype they put on tv makes it seem much worse. Thankfully it wasn't. Our neighborhood fared just fine and I only saw small limbs down in other parts of town. We went over to a neighbor's house with a deeper basement and stayed there for about an hour while the cats stayed home locked up in a secure place. Not lovin' it. Lucas and Fluffy hissed at me like I was Satan as I put them in their safe place. Sheeba got the privilege of having the pet carrier all to herself but she didn't like that much. They seem to have forgiven now though.





thats the most adorable baby, and thoses cakes look delicious ;)
ReplyDelete