If there's one thing that needs to be said in my epitaph it's that "she LOVED to travel!" I am constantly thinking about any upcoming vacations and on the way home I am planning the next one. I have a long list of places I want to go in the next 10 years. I love researching different places I want to go and using Google Earth to help figure out locations and logistics of where I want to go. Google Earth and Trip Advisor are my best friends. Thankfully I have a husband who also likes to travel and is pretty easy-going when it comes to trips. His only criteria is that he gets to eat good food and can relax a little. He doesn't necessarily like fast paced vacations but with a little twist to his arm he is agreeable to go if I mention the word "steak".
In our travels over the past nearly 13 years we've come to like places like this....clean air, wide open and beautiful in Yellowstone National Park.
We also like looking into the past at places like this...the Biltmore Estate.
Pro games are a lot of fun. We've been to Colts' games as well as pro soccer and hockey games.
Beach vacations have been sprinkled in here and there. Those are Robbie's favorites, especially Panama City Beach. We've taken him on vacations with us 75% of the time. Lucky boy!
The lights and sights of Las Vegas were awesome!
The beach is a fun place to relax and get sand in between your toes.
We discovered a couple lighthouses while on the East Coast a few years ago.
Short weekend trips are also something we like to do. 4th of July in Nashville was one of them.
Our most expensive vacation splurge was New York City. Worth every Benjamin!
Staying in B&B's is a real treat and our favorite type of accomodation like the one on Tybee Island.
We tend to prefer the tranquility of the mountains.
And sometimes we travel in a bigger group like the time we went to Winter Park, CO.
After this year we'll be cutting back a little bit on our travel until Robbie gets through college but I'll have some big plans once he is graduated. We plan to get a smaller home and see some places we want to visit while we are still young enough to go. One place we've both wanted to visit for a long time is Washington DC. We hope to be able to go there in a couple years in either the spring or fall.
There are so many places to see in our country and I especially like going to places which have a lot of diversity and culture. While the people in the south are the friendliest I still like exploring the north and west to observe their lifestyles. People watching is free and usually pretty interesting. One of these days I'll post my most recent travel bucket list.










you will love DC
ReplyDelete