Friday, August 23, 2013

The Perfect Day

I was reading a blog recently about what the perfect day would be (staying at home or in your own town, not at a resort with overwater huts in Tahiti or a cabin on a stream in the mountains). To set the tone I would say this Perfect Day would be the most beautiful day in the month of October when it is a little cool and the leaves on the trees are so vibrant I'd have to wear sunglasses.

If I had to plan the perfect day here in the Big O it would go like this:

8:00-9  Wake up feeling fully rested after a night of continuous sleep, get dressed and go for a 45 minute walk in the park (which would feel amazing vs. tiring because of the great sleep I got last night).

9:00-10:30  Shower, dress and hang out at Starbucks for about an hour flipping through a magazine and watching people come and go while sipping on a Venti Caramel Macchiato and eating a oatmeal raisin cookie (because calories don't count on the Perfect Day).  Yes, I like hanging out at Starbucks.

11-12:30  Take any remaining Venti with me and visit my hair stylist extraordinaire and have my hair washed and coiffed (because up til now I've had it shoved under a hat).

1-2  Get the most expensive pedicure and maybe pay double for extra foot massage time while watching when Harry Met Sally on their flat screen tvs. Oh, and my massage therapist would also be there to rub my neck and shoulders while the Asian dude massages my feet.

2:30-5  Walk around downtown and shop at the specialty stores, sit and look at the river in one of those nice, big swings and look at a magazine or continue reading my book.  See some interesting things to take photos of with my camera.

5:30-7  Have dinner with my sweetie at my favorite restaurant and grab a martini for dessert.

7:30-10  Go see a really, really good movie.

10:00 Come home to a house that is totally spotless and clean and no dishes in the sink from the grumpy teenager.

Maybe this should be called the Ultimate Fantasy Day?



No comments:

Post a Comment