Sunday, July 28, 2013

Girls' Day

Our niece, Samantha, is staying with us this weekend.  She and Griffin love coming to our house and it was her turn this time.  We spent Saturday doing all kinds of fun things including having brunch then going to have mani-pedies.

I don't know why I've waited nearly 45 years to have a manicure or pedicure!  It was awesome!!  The pedicure was my favorite part even though I like to have my fingernails polished, however, I'm hard on my hands and polish usually doesn't last very long.  I always have my toes painted though.  I might return for a manicure for special occasions but will definitely get pedicures more often.  The foot soak and lower leg massage was wonderful!
After some shopping we all went to Cheddar's for dinner to celebrate me and Bob's 12 year anniversary, which is actually today.  We all love Cheddar's for their variety of good food and very reasonable prices.
Yes, Robbie and Kaylyn have been back together for about a month or so.  I think they're doing good for now.  I'm staying out of it.  ha ha!
Our late night snack was homemade chocolate chip candy bar brownies and Grandma Fisher's homemade chocolate sauce that Bob makes.  We watched The Avengers then went to bed.

Today we're going to see a movie and just hang out here at home. Later this week I'll have before, during and after pictures of the stairs at this old house.  Bob went out yesterday to get some advice on how to sand down, restain and paint our stairs and we will get started on this project in a few days!  I cannot wait to see how much better those poor, old, worn out stairs look.  It's going to be a tedious project which will extend into next weekend but we hope to be done by next Sunday night.

After that I am going to paint the inside of my closet all white (right now it's the original blue and unfinished wood) and paint the crown moulding in our bedroom white...which I should've done when we painted in there two years ago.  When those things and new doors are hung our bedroom will be completed and we'll move on out into the hallway and starting painting all the trim white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment