So here again are the stairs before Bob sanded the crap out of them then stained and (I) painted them...
Working on the newel post last weekend before taking down the wrought iron railing for good...
All the iron is gone!
Working on placement of the spindles on the stairs...
Railing in the living room completed...
Hanging the new light fixture...
Completed project!!
I didn't edit these photos to enhance the lighting so just use your imagination. I thought I stood outside the front door to get a wider angle on the entire entryway but maybe I was dreaming that because I couldn't find any such thing on my camera. You get the idea though, right? When you step into this old house you no longer are greeted half-heartedly with those sad, dark stairs. Now it is brighter and warmer feeling. This project took about 4 weekends and several hours on some weeknights. I started repainting the area last night just to freshen it up a bit more. I'm using the same color paint as before but doing a much better job than the guy we paid to do it. We have to get out the big ladder to do the upper half of the walls one evening this week.
While I'm painting Bob is ripping up the carpet downstairs for the next phase of improvements...hardwood flooring throughout the family room. I'm going to repaint all the trim, baseboards and doors before the floor is installed. I just did one coat of paint last summer and feel like I should've done two coats.
The last thing we'll do in 2013 is paint all the upstairs woodwork white like the entryway. 2014? Bob's bathroom and kitchen cabinets. To be continued...
Really looks wonderful.
ReplyDelete