Tuesday, February 5, 2013
Recipes
You know what I've decided? I'm going to stop copying and printing out recipes from Pinterest or other websites. I just cleaned out my overflowing recipe book and threw out dozens of recipes I've never even tried and probably won't ever try.
Did you see the movie "Julie and Julia"? Instead of working my way through a published cookbook, I've decided I will work my way through my own stash of recipes that I've collected. If we like the dish and would eat it again then I'll keep it; if not, in the trashcan it goes. Not all the recipes are mine; some are from family, some from bloggers and some I've made up. I weeded out the ones I know I will never make again for sure or would just prefer to order when we go out....like Bang Bang Shrimp. I love it; but I usually don't fry anything at home except turkey (and that's Bob's job). It's too messy and I don't need it.
I'll start this week and post on how it's going. I just made Aunt Sarah's Potato Cheese Soup for dinner tonight so that's one down! Since I'm devoting 3 nights per week to cooking a meal here at this old house I should be able to complete my mission by summertime. I won't cook something new that many times per week because some nights pancakes might be our main course. I'll have to tally up the recipes and let you know. I've not yet decided about the dessert section of my recipe book....I have more in that section than I do the entire book and heaven knows we don't need me baking a cake or pie around here every few days! I'll think on it and see how I can work some desserts in without going overboard.
Can't wait to tell Bob about this idea when he gets home!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment