As I sit here eating a bowl of Cheerios for dinner I contemplate why I don't really like to cook anymore. Remember my Feb. 5 post when I was going to embark on this huge cooking project? Pffft! I was trying to make strides in spending more time in the kitchen preparing meals for my family but I am not feeling the love.
We went to a wine tasting party at our old soccer friends' home last weekend. We were invited to bring a yummy appetizer, etc. if we wanted to. Normally I would be excited about this but instead I mentioned getting some crackers and cheese from the grocery store! Bob frowned. ha ha!!! I ended up making Oreo Truffles (sound difficult but very, very easy), and of course everyone LOVED them, but the point is that I didn't mind if I had to put my name on a store bought item if I wanted to. Sin, sin, sin.
I don't want to spend most evenings after work cooking meals. I have so many other things I am interested in and the schedules of the 3 people who live here varies more than ever now. I am trying to eat better but that means the other two people suffer because I choose to eat granola or cereal or a salad for dinner. Robbie will generally eat what I do if it's cooked, however, we all know how picky Bob can be.
Our lives are changing around here with the teenager's new schedule and being college-bound. I've suggested someone come home and prepare a meal for me every once in a while but that hasn't happened yet. LOL! So we have a dilemma here and I'm not sure what I'll do about it. It's not my job to shop for food, prepare it and clean up the mess, right? I've never said once in my life that I wanted to be a housewife.
To be continued...

Your dad and I have a pretty good system worked out. If I cook,he cleans up and vice versa. I know what you mean about cooking all of the time. I am also burned out but I will have to say your dad is a good cook. See if Bob will try an easy recipe to start out with and maybe he will show an interest. Keeping my fingers crossed.
ReplyDelete