Sunday, February 17, 2013

Moving into the 21st Century at This Old House

Robbie started his job this past week and seems to like it so far.  He has a couple friends who also work with him and has made friends with some of the other employees too.  Bob and I went in and had breakfast there yesterday and I introduced myself to the manager on duty. He said Robbie is showing a real interest and eagerness in the job so far and said he has a good feeling about Robbie being a good employee. 

As promised we got Robbie a new phone since he finally got a job. We all have had Go Phones for the past few years and I kind of wanted a plan so people could reach me or I could text more if I wanted to.  The other nice perk is being able to access internet to look up information when we are away from home.  We've put off upgrading to a contract plan for so long because we have a home phone line and we didn't want another bill to pay each month.  The deal is that I would buy the phone for him and pay the first 2 months and after that he will have to pay his portion of the cell phone bill for the rest of the contract.  Do I think it's necessary for him to have a contract phone?  No, but he is a big boy and if this is how he chooses to spend part of his paycheck then that is his decision.

Robbie chose an IPhone but I really don't care for those phones and wanted something with a larger screen and different feel.  I got a Samsung Galaxy which will be in later this week.  I think it will have all the things only I will need in a phone and I can always upgrade in the future if I feel I need more than what this phone will offer.  I love my laptop and will not likely use my phone to surf the internet, blog, etc. when I am at home. 

Bob did not want a new phone as he is happy with his new ITouch and he can always use my phone when we are out together if he wants to.  We can add him later if he changes his mind.  The plan we got is for unlimited talk, text and 6 GB of data shared between our two phones.  It took a while to review all the plans available and this plan seemed to be the best for now.  Our phone numbers did not change and if you need Robbie's number just let me know.  He is probably the most accessible out of all of us as he is constantly checking his phone and texting, even in school when he is not supposed to.  I do not take my phone into appointments with me and turn it to silence when we are out to dinner, etc.  I'll try to be better about checking voice messages and texts now but I just don't carry my phone around with me all the time.

So this is the latest update from our house. More to come later including updates on how the custom made bookshelf is going, updates on my garden and Robbie's last trimester in high school.

1 comment:

  1. My brother has the phone that you are getting and he loves it.

    ReplyDelete