Seems like I'm at a cooking standstill lately. For the past several months I've not cared much about spending a lot of time in the kitchen as I used to. I don't fancy spending an hour or so after work cutting up vegetables, cooking meat, then cleaning it all up. I'd rather eat a bowl of Cheerios, toast or eat marshmallow cream from the jar. ha ha! I didn't even bake very many cookies at Christmas this past year....although I did make about 164 homemade cinnamon rolls and gifted a bunch to our friends for their New Year's Day breakfast.
The problem: I work longer hours some days and don't care to work in the kitchen after a long day. I don't want to eat the same food the others here at this old house prefer to eat. I prepare a meal and it's not what others like so much of it goes to waste. I prepare a meal and the teenager isn't home to eat it and some of it goes to waste. Okay, there is more than one problem, I suppose.
I've decided to try something new though. I'm going to devote myself to cooking 3 meals a week in the month of February out of LOVE for my little family. It is the month of Valentine's afterall. My theme will be this: one crockpot meal or soup per week, one regular meal where I can stand in the kitchen and stir, saute, boil things and pretend I am a gourmet chef, and one meal consisting of breakfast foods which we used to do one night a week several years ago. If there are any leftovers that will be considered a bonus for the next night. Potentially with leftovers there might very well be 5 nights of meals to eat. The other two nights will be marshmallow cream, cereal, delivery pizza, out to eat, whatever.
Okay, my project will not start until Monday, February 4 because Mondays are when people start new things, right? I'll keep you posted on how things go.
Sounds like a plan....
ReplyDelete