I'm in a lull right now as far as blogging but I'm still here and am NOT shutting down my blog or anything drastic like that. I have a goal to get caught up this weekend on here so I can post pictures from Christmas and such. There hasn't been a lot of news here at this old house beyond a leak from our roof into the living room and downstairs for which we have a large green tarp over a portion of our house. Hoping after the weather is not freezing cold out the contractors can get the job done and things will be back to normal. Why do these things always happen around tax season?
While others are wishing for an early spring, I am wishing for some more snow. We didn't get squat from the Christmas winter storm so I feel a little jilted by Mother Nature. Crossing my fingers that Winter Storm Whoever comes our way (isn't it funny how the Weather Channel is now naming winter storms?).
My job has been incredibly busy so far in 2013. I have difficulty keeping up at times but I'd rather be busy helping people than not. I seem to always carry one client under my wing to the point where I do things for them even in my off-hours. I have one such client now who called me to meet her in the emergency room the other night. This person has no local family or anyone young enough to make it to the hospital if needed, so I've given said person my home number and the authorization to call me if ever anything is needed. After tests were inconclusive she was sent back home around midnight, much to my surprise and against my wishes, only to go to her doctor the following day even sicker than the night before. Client's caregiver on duty that day went to doctor's office too and could hear the primary physician reaming out the emergency dept. over the phone for discharging client home the previous night when his orders were to admit the person! Anyway, tests are being done, etc. to determine what is going on. Does anyone else feel like our medical care is going down the drain these days? Why did the er doctor not follow the primary care physician's orders to admit?
We rarely see Robbie these days as he sits in his room playing his very own XBox on his very own flat screen tv. He's difficult to communicate with behind his door with headphones covering his ears. He tells us he has applied for many jobs but hasn't snagged one yet. I have a feeling he is getting desperate as he applied to a fast food place tonight. We figured that would happen. I'm just letting things unfold without interfering and know that he must really be getting low on money and gasoline if he's resorted to fast food chains. LOL Keep your fingers crossed that someone will hire the poor kid before he has to start walking to school. ha ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment