Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goals



I'm not going to make a big list of my New Year's resolutions for 2013.  Like the rest of you, I usually don't accomplish them after the first few months.  I probably could though, especially in 2013 because it will be the first year in many that we won't be spending mandatory time at the soccer fields. 

I think I accomplished my 2012 goal of "balance" and doing less things that we didn't have to do.  Some people might not have understood why we didn't accept every invite to go out or attend gatherings but because of doing less I think we enjoyed our weekends more at home when we weren't travelling for soccer.  I'm going to use that goal again this year; and I totally understand if others feel the same way and do not accept every invite we send out.

My herb garden did great this past summer. We harvested enough basil to make several batches of pesto and we dried oregano, thyme, rosemary and I used parsley every time I cooked.  We will definitely be doing that again but now that I know the garden "worked" I will be expanding it this spring and adding in other herbs we commonly purchase at the store.  Despite last summer's heat, I did keep my herbs alive.

My other goal (that I've had for a few years) is to set up a rain barrel. I don't care if I have to buy one!  It's going to happen in 2013. 

So here is my short list, my only list, of 2013 objectives:

1.  Keep balance in our lives by deciding when it is good to be busy and when it is good to be at rest, so to speak, and not feel guilty about it.

2.  Expand my herb garden and types of herbs I grow there.

3. RAIN BARREL!!!

4. Rebuild my compost bin since the current one is falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment