Monday, January 7, 2013

Sports


We are knee deep in football and other sports watching here at this old house.  I'm so glad for the televised sports games because heaven knows there's nothing else on tv anymore!  We watched the beginning of the NFL playoffs this weekend and will keep on next Saturday and Sunday.  I told a friend I could only get together in between or after the game times on Saturday.  Yep, that's how much I like watching NFL.  On my bucket list is to fly to Irving, Texas some weekend and watch the Cowboys play in their home stadium.  I hope to do that before I turn 50...or maybe that can be my 50th birthday present!!!!  So awesome, that would be!

Of course, tonight we have the BCS game...Notre Dame vs. Alabama.  I'll hide my Alabama University purse today.  ha ha!  I think I'm obligated to root for Notre Dame even though I really didn't start watching college ball until this year.  I used to say I didn't like college football but I do now.  I will root for Bama when they're not playing the Irish.  I just like the tradition of some of those good ole southern teams.

I'm starting to catch up on college basketball games too although I cannot really get into it until the Superbowl is over.  Between my projects and what-not I am really busy all the time and my attention span is only so good on some days.  ha ha!  The most I do before then is usually just to check the scores and polls in the newspaper or internet.  And, right now UK is not even ranked in the top 25 and I'm lovin' it!  Kansas is # 6 this week.  Another bucket list wish is to attend one game of any round of the March Madness tournament; won't be able to do that this year but hopefully I can in 2014.

Go Cowboys!
Go Fighting Irish!
Go Jayhawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment