Christmas 2012 has kicked our butts here at this old house. We are celebrating some post-holiday days at our house by doing, well, nothing. Yesterday Bob had to work but I stayed home watching movies, talking on the phone with my BFF and playing on the internet. I got "Meet Me in St. Louis" on Netflix and watched it last night before I went to bed. What a great movie!! Judy Garland's voice is so beautiful!.
Today, so far, we have watched another movie and talked about options for what we can do today. It's nearly 2:00 pm and we are still on the sofa under our blankets and we are still wearing our pajamas so I think we are already doing what we're gonna do today. I made some Kona coffee and used my new Keurig electric milk frother and drank a couple cups of coffee along with some chocolate chip pecan cookies. Now I'm jacked up on caffeine so probably won't be napping today.
Robbie is gone for a few more days so we are soaking up the peace and quiet.
I got a lot of nice stuff this year for Christmas. Robbie got me a really cute charm bracelet and a Starbuck's gift card (he knows the way to my heart) and Kaylyn gave Bob and I gift cards to Olive Garden and the movie theater even though I told her not to get us anything at all. Bob got me the milk frother, a nice sweater, reed diffuser, two necklaces, candlewick trimmer, gravy boat to match my Christmas dishes and The Hobbit. Robbie got a new Xbox and flatscreen tv and a few little things. Bob got some clothes, "The Dark Knight Rises" dvd, WKU license plate frame, Xbox game download stuff (I don't understand how that works), Crown Royal and whiskey rocks.
Okay, what are whiskey rocks?? I found those on a website called Hammacher Schlemmer and they are 1" cubes made out of granite or soapstone and you freeze them and put them in your whiskey, wine or whatever and they cool the drink but don't water it down like regular ice cubes would. He loved them! There were 8 of them in the set and you just rinse them off with water, dry off and put back in the freezer to use the next time. Bob likes to have a little glass of bourbon, etc. a few times a week and I thought that would be a good gift for him. He just bought some maple flavored Crown Royal and we enjoyed a bit of that in our hot apple cider on Christmas Eve. I might have had a couple mugs of that yesterday evening too :) Yummo!
Hope everyone has had an enjoyable holiday this year. Happy New Year to y'all!!
No comments:
Post a Comment