Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Decorating

Last night was the final night for adding any Christmas decorations here at this old house.  I always have too much going on to just start and finish any project within 48 hours.  For example, in addition to getting all FOUR of our Christmas trees up and decorated, we also had to put up lights outside and I had to decorate the little topiary trees I bought for our front porch.  I've been decorating for the past week which means there have been storage containers sitting out and things piled up on tables for that long.  Can't stand for things to be unorganized!  And, I found fabric to use for window treatments downstairs (after looking for 3 months!) so had to start that this weekend. 

I plan on getting the curtains for the sliding glass door done in the next couple nights then might wait another week to start on the valances for the other windows since there is more work involved with those.  Or, maybe I'll just wait until after Christmas. 

All I know is that I am ready to sit back and actually take in our Christmas lights, watch Christmas movies, etc. and try to relax for the rest of the year.  We have only a few more gifts to buy and that should be knocked out by this weekend. 

My wish list for the rest of this year is to:

1.  Pick up a good cup of hot chocolate and drive to nearby neighborhood to check out the over-loaded holiday decorations.

2.  On a warmer evening (if there is one), walk downtown to see the big ole Christmas tree and lights on the main drag through downtown. Maybe walk to the the local coffee shop down there for some caffeine or the martini bar for some alcohol.  ha ha!

3.  See "The Hobbit" a week from this Friday night.  We've been waiting years for this movie!!

4.  Watch "Bad Santa" and "Elf" at least twice.

5.  Have at least one pajama day during my vacation after Christmas and fall asleep in front of the tv while watching a bad Lifetime movie. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good. Slow down and enjoy all your trees. Save me two. Choc.chip cookies. Our neighborhood is all lit up, except ours. I have a wreath and that's it.
    Hehe......mom

    ReplyDelete