2012 Christmas in Rockefeller Center
We celebrated Christmas this morning and today here at this old house. Kaylyn joined us :) and we got up early to open gifts and have breakfast before she had to leave for her family holiday gathering. Santa even came through our neighborhood, as he does every year, riding on an old fashioned fire truck. We ran outside to wave to him as they drove by.
Robbie is thrilled with his new Xbox and 32" LED flatscreen...all his very own for his room. This means no more fighting over the tv downstairs!! Yippee! We all loved our gifts from one another and Kaylyn and Robbie made a very nice card for me and gave me a little charm bracelet that I will show off when we see everyone on Christmas Day.
It has been a busy couple weeks around here with Bob and I both working like crazy to get caught up at our jobs so we can be on vacation for the rest of the year! Today was the first day of an 11 day break from work and we are just enjoying our day with the 3 of us and it is so nice.
Bob grilled (yes, grilled) bacon and sausage for breakfast and I made homemade cinnamon rolls for the very first time. Yeast, rolling pin and all. The rolls and maple glaze were WONDERFUL! It makes a big batch so I have a few pans of rolls to give away over the next few days and will use some for our company this weekend.
After Christmas Day is over Bob and I plan on becoming hermits for the rest of the week which means lots of pajama days and little contact with the outside world :)

No comments:
Post a Comment