Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Cooking and Baking

I've decided to change things up a bit for my holiday baking.  Seems I tend to bake too much every year even though we give most of it away.  I get tired of dropping scoopsful of dough out over and over too.  I'd rather make a batch of something, put it in a pan and move on to the next recipe.  And, this year I'm only make one batch of each item so there won't be a lot of extras leftover for temptation later on in the week.  This year's roll call for holiday baking is:

Sugar Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Carmelitas (bar cookie)
Peanut Butter Fudge
Red Velvet Brownies
White Cupcakes (for Christmas Day)
German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars (taking to work for a dessert contest)

I'll bake a pecan pie for Christmas Eve and one other cookie Bob has requested.

We will be having our little family Christmas celebration on Dec. 22 this year and I'm going to have brunch for us here at home.  I'm going to try this recipe I found on a blog for homemade cinnamon rolls then make a breakfast casserole and some other things for me, Bob, Robbie and Kaylyn.  We'll open our presents that day and maybe play a game and we'll definitely watch "A Christmas Story" at some point that day like we always do.  It'll be a relaxing, cozy, pajama-wearing type of day :)

December 23 will start off with preparations for Christmas Eve which will also be at this old house for a party of 9.  Bob's going to fry up a turkey and I'll be making homemade stuffing, sweet potato casserole, mac-n-cheese and spread of sweet goodies. 

After Christmas Day I will probably welcome a bowl of regular ole Cheerios and will probably not cook at all for a week or so while I'm off work.  ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment