Thursday, December 13, 2012

Miss Fluff Update

You know how I wrote about Fluffy and her anxiety, hair stripping (that's what the vet calls it) behaviors a month or so ago?  Well, call us crazy here at this old house for giving a cat a Prozac popper everyday and plugging in a pheramone sensor into an outlet....but you know what?  It is working!  She hasn't peed or pooped anywhere except the litterbox and although she seems to nap for 22 hours a day on our cozy Level 2 down comforter, she is relaxed, happy and doesn't even seem as afraid of Sheba as she used to be.

I make Bob give her the medication everyday because she really likes him anyway and was once scared of me because I was always the one taking her into the litterbox and forcing her to pee.  I'm trying to get back on her good side.  Giving her a pill isn't easy so we decided that dissolving the tiny tablet in a few drops of water then administering it from a syringe is more friendly than jacking her jaw open and forcing it down her throat.  If we remember to, we give her a little shredded cheese or few licks of ice cream for taking the pill.  She LOVES shredded cheese!

So she is in La-La land now and all is well in the house of misfit felines.

1 comment:

  1. You now have become a dope dealer....I would be relaxed also if I was on Prozac.

    ReplyDelete