Saturday, August 4, 2012

God Grant Me the Serenity...

...to get through the next home improvement project.   Yes, I am diving into another home project.  That means, I have talked to Bob into redoing the downstairs--the only room we have not really fixed up since we moved here more than 11 years ago.  Yes, we've put new furniture and carpet down but not really anything else.  It's kind of like a dungeon to me because of all that old wood.  Well, Bob has agreed to let me paint over ALL of it. I'm very excited about this! 

We also found a nice sectional sofa and are going to flip-flop the layout of the tv area again.  I miss my home office desk being where I can look out and see the birds and my garden, and although we like the coziness of where we have the tv area now, we are ready to change it back so we can have more than 4 people over to watch a game or movie.  The sectional we found is a chocolate brown and has motorized recliners on each end.  It can seat 6-7 people.  It's made of the same material as Brock and Sarah's sectional, I think.  Looks like leather but isn't, and is great for pets. 

Our friend is trying to help us with a color scheme but I will go ahead and start priming the walls on Sunday and get a paint color picked out by the end of the week and get that done next weekend.  I will post pictures along the way.  We want to sell our green sofa and oversized chair but I'm probably going to keep the ottoman because I can use it elsewhere.  If anyone is interested in the furniture please let me know. We need to get it moved out of the house before Labor Day.

1 comment:

  1. You will be amazed how much brighter the downstairs will be when you paint the paneling.
    Can't wait to see it all finished. The new couch material should help with the kitty hair issues.

    ReplyDelete