Tuesday, July 31, 2012

To Die For: Butterfinger Blondies

This is the ultimate bar cookie recipe!  I discovered it on Pinterest.com several weeks ago and have been waiting for the right time to make them.  Right time= when we are going to be with a group so I wouldn't be tempted to eat too many of them.

Tonight is the soccer meeting/dinner so I decided this would be a good time to try out this new recipe and not have to worry about it sitting on the kitchen counter staring at me.

If you want the recipe I will post it or email it to you but it consists of a bar cookie type of dough on the bottom (including 16 snack-sized Butterfinger bars crushed up) then you bake that, let it cool and make a Butterfinger buttercream to spread over the cooled cookie bars. Then you crush up a few more Butterfinger bars over the top!!!!!!!   Sugar. High.

I tasted just one bite while I was cutting them up to take tonight and oh my goodness, are they sweet.  Mine looked just like the picture I stole (above) from Pinterest.  Did I mention the entire recipe also has 3 sticks of real butter?  Don't eat one of these if you have to get your cholesterol checked anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I bet they are good but my teeth hurt just reading the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell you what, it's no secret that I LOVE sweets but this recipe is so sweet and rich that even I can only eat a few bites then I'm done. It was a hit at the soccer dinner!

    ReplyDelete