Sunday, August 26, 2012

Day 21 Update

This is what the downstairs hallway looked like the day we got started...3 weeks ago.

Sometime a couple weeks ago after we primed...
Yesterday after Bob got new doors installed...
So much brighter!!!
Today I will caulk and paint the doors and trim and Bob will install the new door handles. We bought some that match the decorative metal on the light fixtures.  The only door we chose not to replace is the one to the a/c-hot water heater closet. Those have to be special ordered and can be expensive.  We are going to repaint it ourselves.  We got the other doors on sale at our home-away-from-home, Menards. 

I cannot believe this project started over 3 weeks ago and we still aren't done!  But, the family room looks so good and all the hard work has been worth it. We did take a break on Friday night and just chilled out in the sofa recliners and watched a movie.   Yesterday we went to Robbie's soccer game then got back to work.  It's all those little things that take time.  For instance, I thought I would whip on the paint after the doors got hung last night, but first the nail holes had to be filled, sanded, door trim caulked and dried before I could pull out the paint. We called it quits about 9:00 and decided to start up again this morning after breakfast.  HOPING, that all gets done today and we can be finished except for decorating stuff. 

1 comment: