Tuesday, July 17, 2012

James Taylor Concert, July 2012

(click for larger view)

Despite how crappy I felt last Wednesday night, I was not about to let my ticket to the James Taylor concert go to waste.  I went with our friend, Darrell, as Bob is not into JT. Darrell picked me up and we had dinner at Bonefish Grill (I ate as light as possible) then headed to the concert venue.  We had fun gossiping and people-watching until the concert started. 

I was surprised at the long legs on JT.  He also looked older than 64 but after I did research I discovered he has had a quite difficult journey over the years with drug abuse, depression, etc.  He also has 11 year old twin boys with his now 3rd wife, so I guess he has the right to look a little tired, however,  he had plenty of stage energy and his voice was just as smooth as you hear on the radio from songs recorded years ago.

The concert was low-key and enjoyable to sit, relax and listen.  I took several pictures and videos with my little camera.  I got the video transferred to my computer but the sound is missing.  That's a job for Bob to figure out for me.  Once he fixes the glitch I will put a video or two up on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment