We harvested some herbs today from my abundant little garden. I am clipping some rosemary below.
Bob cutting some oregano.
This is the oregano, thyme and rosemary we picked today and is currently drying in the food dehydrator.
Bob is removing basil leaves from the stems in order to dry and make homemade pesto.
After removing the leaves we added them to a mixture of olive oil, garlic cloves, ground walnuts and pine nuts, and fresh parmesan cheese in the food processor.
We tried some on bread and it was quite tasty!
We froze this batch of pesto in an ice cube tray then popped out into a ziploc bag and will keep in the freezer until ready to use...in sauce, on bread, on homemade pizza, stuffed in chicken breasts, stirred into plain pasta, whatever!
In other news, we got our new mattress last Friday and it is comfortable so far. Robbie is enjoying our other queen sized mattress and we moved his old bed (my grandma's bed frame) into the guest room. I'll post some pictures of that room next time I post.
No comments:
Post a Comment