Friday, May 25, 2012
I'm Wondering...
When we finally reach our destination far, far away from home where will Bob and I end up drinking our first glass of wine or sipping on some Port??
In a rocking chair in front of the grand fireplace in the lobby?
Bundled up in a blanket on the deck waiting to watch Old Faithful blow?
Playing cards in the second floor lounge area?
Perhaps we'll do what we did last year. Just a few feet away from what I call the lounge area on the second floor, are these old wood and leather sofas where you can sit (in your warm pajamas and house slippers) just watching the guests below wandering around the fireplace while listening to piano music and enjoying the laid back lifestyle of Yellowstone National Park.
We truly used the Inn as much as we could during our 3 nights there last year and are so excited about staying the entire week there this year. It just feels like a big, old home and is very relaxing. We did sit in the lounge and played cards last year and looked over maps to decide where we'd venture to the following day. Since I'm an early bird I would get up in the morning and sit outside on the benches or on the sofas and just people-watch and read a book or map. The pictures above were just down the hall (maybe 75 steps from our room in the "old house" section) and we did go down in our pajama-looking-lounge-clothes and house shoes. ha ha! For this year we didn't book early enough....I booked 11 months ahead of time instead of 12 or 13, so couldn't get a room in the old house with a private bath so we will be in the newer part. There were rooms available in the old house without private baths but we decided against that option. I don't want to walk down the hall to pee and shower with strangers. I've read that the newer rooms are not quaint like the old house rooms are and are more hotel looking, but that's okay. We'll still grab our bottle of wine, deck of cards and maps and enjoy the lobby and lounge areas every evening. There's no tv, radio or phones so reality will be our entertainment. Can't wait!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment