One day recently we had breakfast for dinner: Biscuits, gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon. I thought I'd ask Bob to help out with the meat but didn't want a mess in the kitchen so when he got home I asked if he would grill-fry the bacon for me. He asked if it would work and I told him I didn't see why not as our grill gets super hot and the mess could then be contained out there (pointing to the grill on the deck) instead of getting grease all over the stovetop or inside the microwave. I hate cooking bacon in the microwave...it's just gross.
He made a disposable "pan" from aluminum foil and sprayed it with grilling non-stick spray and went to it. He had so much fun! He loves bacon and he loves grilling meat then eating it. The best of both worlds :)
He came in at one point and told me how well it was going...I believe it was along the lines of "It's f***ing awesome"... and we decided cooking bacon indoors is for idiots and we will forever more cook our bacon outdoors on the grill. The pan he formed with aluminum foil kept the grease fires to a minimum but just in case he kept a water spray bottle handy. After everything cooled down we just carefully removed the foil and placed in the trashcan. We didn't have to clean anything, etc. and the bacon fried up very nice and tasted great!
No comments:
Post a Comment