Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love is in the Air

I prepared a(nother) Valentine's Day dinner on Tuesday night for me, Bob, Robbie and Kaylyn. Robbie hadn't seen Kaylyn for nearly a week since she was in Florida for the National High School Cheerleading Competition.  BTW, they finished in the top 10 in the nation!  Anyway, he missed her so as soon as the bus dropped the cheerleaders off at school Robbie drove up to get her and brought her back to our house. They were so cute exchanging their Valentine's with each other.  I helped him set up a special table downstairs for them to have a private meal (away from me and Bob, ha ha!)...it was all his idea and thankfully I had a vinyl Valentine's tablecloth I bought after the season last year (for $2) to make the table more festive.  He wanted cloth napkins, the whole nine yards as you can see below.

The balloon she gave him...awww.
 Flowers Bob gave me...
 Shrimp I broiled for dinner...
 The kids' table...
 Kaylyn and Robbie

I picked up alfredo sauce, breadsticks and salad from The Olive Garden to have with the shrimp and made a Jello cherry cheesecake.  Me and Bob's table upstairs was sans decorations; we were just happy to have a hot meal then sip on some cognac afterwards.  I've rather taken a liking to sipping on a bit of Port...almost as good as Devil Wine.

Hope everyone else had a happy day yesterday and was able to do something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment