This is baby Dominic, my godchild's 4 month old son. I met him for the first time last weekend when I spent time with my dear friends of nearly 25 years at their home. This little guy is so precious and so easy natured. I got to hold him lots, feed him, change two blow-out diapers with his grandma and help give him a bath (while he screamed bloody murder). And when all that wasn't going on he was pretty much content as he is seen below.
This is the starling Glenna rescued about 5 months ago when she saw it fallen from its nest. It is now her indoor pet having raised it from when it was very small. (Glenna is very caring about every living being; even those that are not normally supposed to live indoors in a cage, ha ha!) It will sit perched on her shoulder or on top of her head when she opens the cage door to clean up and refill its water and food bowl. So hilarious!
I really had a good time visiting with my friends, Glenna and Steve, and their daughter (my godchild) Samantha, her fiancee and their new baby. I hadn't seen them for several years although we have kept up via telephone every few months and on Facebook. We stayed up late talking and drinking Devil Wine. We cooked, baked, laughed and recalled all the good times; especially their watching me grow up and attend college, dance on some tables (ha ha!) graduate, get married twice and have Robbie.
I've known Glenna and Steve since I was 18 years old when Glenna hired me at the JC Penney portrait studio. We worked together for a couple years before I went to work at a nursing home then not long after they had to move back to her hometown due to some financial difficulties. I hadn't been to their home since before Bob and I got married but they did come down for a week and visited us back in 2004 I think. Glenna had to have a double mastectomy and several other surgeries since 2005 so it was difficult for them to travel and our lives here at this old house just got too hectic.
I'm never going to go that long without seeing my friends and have a trip planned to visit them again this summer. They have a little home on a small lake and it will be nice to visit them in warmer weather so we can sit outdoors, do some fishing and drink a little more wine together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment