Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Beginning of Bottling Season (and nearly NCAA basketball tournament time)

Well, Bob and Steve got a couple carboys of wine bottled last Saturday. They bottled Steve's Norton, which they loved (but remember they like drier wines than I do). I believe Steve commented positively about the peppery notes in his wine, etc.  LOL    Then they decided to pop open the Devil Wine.  Um, what was supposed to be Devil Wine (which is actually made from adding lots  a gajillion pounds of sugar to Norton grapes).  I was quite disappointed and won't be cracking open a bottle of it even if desperate.   Bob and Steve loved it though.


Grapes do not taste the same each season.  A lot of how grapes turn out depends on the weather that year, etc.  Bob said he added the same amount of sugar that he usually adds to make the Devil Wine but it's certainly not near as sweet or blood-like (dark, thick, etc).  I am going to covet the few bottles of Devil Wine that actually earned their name from a few years ago and cross my fingers that the 2012 season will yield the sweet wine that we have all come to know and love.  Sorry, no sharing of those few bottles!  ha ha!


While watching the bottling process I also kept a close watch on the finish of the Kansas v. Missouri game go into overtime.  Go Jayhawks!  (they barely won)   I'm so excited that my second favorite time of year is nearly here...March Madness!  Get your brackets ready!!  My goal next year is to attend one of the games during the tournament time.

No comments:

Post a Comment