Monday, February 13, 2012

(early) Valentine's Day Dinner

We had an early Valentine's Day dinner last weekend. Instead of venturing out into the cold, we decided to stay in and prepare our own meal and watch streaming Netflix. 

Our appetizer was shrimp cocktail

I sauteed some mushrooms and Bob made a peppercorn garlic wine sauce (his own recipe)

We had filets with cracked black pepper, garlic and his sauce...and I had the mushrooms and a sweet potato...
and he had a big ole baked potato stuffed with cheese and sour cream...

We ended our meal with glasses of milk and strawberry jello cake.

During our meal we watched "The Trip" through streaming Netflix, a foreign film with Steve Coogan as himself about a pair of friends who travel through Northern England to review some restaurants. It was a little odd but I don't regret watching it. The scenery was beautiful! It was just one of those movies that you say afterwards how you're glad you watched it but don't need to see it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment