Thursday, July 11, 2013

2013 Quesadilla Party

I've named the little Mexico we create in our garage as The Lazy Sombrero Cantina.  It was as tacky as ever this year but looked really good.
We also had a separate bar area set up outside this year for the first time.  It worked out really good!
We'll probably make it a little bigger next year...or maybe Bob can build one!!

Sandy, Darrell and Me
I bought a lot of decorations this year including this tissue paper poof thing.  It survived this year and I've got it hanging in a closet to use again next year. Below, a view of the outdoor bar area.

Phyllis making her own quesadilla even with a bum arm.  Quite a sport!
All the fixins for the quesadillas.  I added some more spicy stuff this year that most people seemed to like.
It started to rain just as the quesadilla bar opened so many came inside to eat.

Bob grilled outdoors under the big umbrella when the rain started.

Darrell and Sandy taking cover in the bar area when the rain started.
Chocolate fountain goodies!

We had 29 people for our party this year!  It was a lot of fun.   Of course, I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to but more than in year's past.  A handful of guests left after dinner then another group left around 8:30 and our last guests left around 11:00.   Despite the brief rain everything turned out good, the food was great and we're already starting to plan for next year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of the red hot pepper hanging from the deck. Great Party!!

    ReplyDelete