Remember last August when we transformed our downstairs from the 1970's? I've had a list of other improvements to do kept in my mind for nearly a year now and it's time to get started! The first weekend of this August will find us re-doing the stairs in our home. The stairs are just horrible looking and it's the first thing you see when you walk into our how. Why we didn't re-do them years ago is beyond me. No, actually it's probably Bob's fear of doing any home improvements that has kept us from re-doing them but we tackled the downstairs and survived so we can certainly take on one set of stairs.
This weekend we'll make a short trip to talk to some pros about how to go about sanding, staining and painting and the next weekend we'll try to complete the project. I'm sure our house will be full of dust but it can't be any worse than last summer. We're going to sand all of the stair areas then stain the part you step on and paint the back and sides white. I have friends who did their stairs like this and just saw it on another blog and it just looks so good! This will also be the start of painting all the trip and baseboard white throughout the upstairs. I'd like to get it done by the end of the year as well as hang all new doors upstairs.
Remember this?? We've come a long way here at this old house.
No comments:
Post a Comment