Sunday, July 7, 2013
Dream a Little Dream
I was working on my Bucket List this past week. I love traveling and vacations and going places I've never been. While we continue to make Yellowstone National Park a frequent destination, there is no other place I've been where I want to make repeat visits. My vacation time is precious to me so I am quite choosy when it comes to deciding where to spend my hard earned time-off. I thought I'd always be the person who might want to return to the same place year after year but it just didn't pan out that way. There's too many places I want to visit before I die and I like to venture out to see new things.
In the evenings I spend time on the internet looking up vacation information for the fun of it. I should be a travel agent in my next job. I thirst for travel knowledge. I Googled "tiki hut hotel rooms" and found pictures of overwater resorts and thought this picture was just lovely. I learned that there are about 90 overwater resorts in the world with 2/3 of them being in the French Polynesia area...Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. There are a few in the Caribbean but not many more due to hurricanes. They have cyclones over there but not nearly as bad as hurricanes are over in our area. The stormy season is January-April.
You can supposedly find these tiki hut hotel rooms in Belize, Panama and the Turks-Caicos for around $2,000 per night. I would never get Bob to go to Panama or Belize and I'm not sure I would want to spend any of my American money in Panama, and I know someone who came back from the Caicos recently and they stayed in a very nice townhome equipped with security, etc. only to return to their home one evening to find it ransacked. The security people are the ones who robbed the place! You have to be very careful to travel to those areas like Jamaica, Bahamas, etc.
So, I guess if we are to ever stay in a tiki hut hotel room we'll have to travel to the French Polynesia which would include a 10-11 hour plane ride from Los Angeles which would literally suck. In addition we would have to win the lottery to even consider going and I still don't know if the plane ride would be worth it. Just drop me off in Hawaii at a 5 star resort and I'll call it a day.
For now, we'll just enjoy this picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You and I both have the travel bug. So many places and not enough cash to get to all of them. Lottery is the only answer.
ReplyDelete