(photos found on Pinterest)
Elf on A Shelf scooping up reindeer poop
Over the years we've had a handful of Christmas traditions here at this old house. Every year on whatever day is our Christmas Eve we sit out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for reindeer before we go to bed. A few times we even put "reindeer food" in the front yard. It also contained glitter so it would reflect in the moonlite and making it easier for Santa's reindeer to land in our front yard. We have Santa's key to our house that we'd hang on the door since we don't have a chimney, reading the story Twas the Night Before Christmas, watching "A Christmas Story" together and baking and decorating cookies.
The one tradition I wish I would have started (because it would be so much fun) is having the Elf on a Shelf live in our home during the Christmas season. I actually didn't really know about the elf until a handful of years ago through other blogs I read. I would've had so much fun setting him up every night before bed so that Robbie could get up the next day to find out what kind of activities the elf got into overnight (ie. photos). It is said that the elf is in the home to watch over the children and report any good or bad behaviors back to Santa but he also has some adventures each night too...... being held hostage by some Lego Star Wars people
leaving a reminder to be good...Santa's watching
oops, he tee-peed the tree
Sometimes the elf can get into a little mischief too. tee hee hee
I'm not in any hurry at all for grandchilden, in fact I hope it's not for another 10 years, but if I'm lucky enough to live nearby them I may have to consider having an Elf on a Shelf to set up when the kids come to visit me. Heck, I should just get one now so I can set it up for Bob to find every day. LOL!!!
p.s. I was able to publish these photos because they were already on the internet; I am just having trouble loading brand new photos onto my blog. Bear with me, I am considering starting a new blog for 2013. Same name, etc. but a different set up. For some reason the set up on this 2012 blog is all jacked up...my header photo only takes up half the page and I cannot adjust some things that I used to on my original blog. Hopefully over Christmas vacation I will have time to work on all of this. I'll keep you posted.




The little elf is so cute. I hope I am not a great grandma for at least 10 years!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I have a life to live before I want worry about changing grandkid's diapers. I would not welcome grandkids being dropped off at our house to babysit right now. Bob and I have too many things we want to do as a couple after we get Robbie out of high school and college.
ReplyDelete