Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my blog these days.  I'm going to keep blogging but may try to do a scheduled thing more often.  Seems like everyone who reads this is also on Facebook with me although I do not divulge as much on FB like I do on here and I cannot write several paragraphs on FB either.  I know I'm slow to upload photos on here too.  I'm going to get some kind of game plan and try to make 2014 a better blogging year than 2013 was.

With all that said, Happy New Year to you!  2013 was a year of celebrations and changes for our family at this old house.  Celebrating Robbie graduating from high school was the highlight of last year with our trip to New York City in the spring and his graduation ceremony and party after the end of his senior year.  We spent some time at the end of the summer preparing for college and all that goes along with that.  College went well as far as I can tell although Robbie is ready to move out and become more independent.  That is the goal right now and all involved are working towards this!

Bob and I have adjusted to Robbie being in college and have enjoyed the freedom of not being chained to the school corporation schedule for the first time in 13 years. I used this opportunity to take a vacation with friends for the first time ever. It was lovely and plans are in the works to make a return trip again later this year with the same group.

We spent the holidays with family and friends and had a great time.  I think this holiday season was one of the best we've had in a few years.  I was actually sorry to see it end and half of me wanted to keep Christmas decorations up for a week or two longer.  I loved our trees and would sit staring at the tree lights during some quiet times at home.  I especially think the early snow put everyone in the Christmas spirit this year.  Hoping for a few more snowfalls before spring arrives.

So there you go.  I won't recap the entire year as my story of 2013 is already documented in the archives on here.  We are now looking ahead to some exciting events for 2014 including a little birthday party for mom later this month, the Superbowl and the Winter Olympics.  After that is the Oscar's party, a peek at early spring flowers and hopefully more time with our friends and family before Bob and I return to Yellowstone this summer.

Best wishes and stay tuned for a holiday photo dump later this week.

2 comments:

  1. It has been a good year for all of us. Christmas was one of the best that we have had in a long time. Looking forward to 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Susan! I'm still sad about taking my Christmas stuff down. I told Bob today that I wish we could rewind and do it all over again. I did buy some stuff on sale (90% off) at Target today for next year. Gift bags for 15 cents each!!

    ReplyDelete