Saturday, November 3, 2012

Weekend

I nearly forgot to post a picture of the bat cupcakes I took to the Halloween party last weekend.  I got the idea from Gigi's Cupcakes on Facebook.  The bats are made out of Oreo cookies and turned out so cute!!

We've had a good weekend so far.  I made a pre-Thanksgiving meal today for me and Bob and we will have leftovers for a couple more days:)  I bought a honey-glazed ham and made sweet potato casserole, homemade turkey-n-dumplings and we had rolls, cranberry sauce and pie.  I'm going to roast asparagus to have with our leftovers tomorrow when Robbie is home, because he loves roasted asparagus.

I've been living vicariously through our friends who are out in the Teton-Yellowstone area this past week. They've posted all kind of photos everyday and looks like they are having a great time.  There was about a foot of snow in some areas and the park roads officially close to private vehicle traffic this Monday.  I have also "friended" a photographer's website and FB page who lives out that way and is in the park several times a week taking photos so have been able to keep up with what is going on through her site too. 

We still have some things to do in our downstairs before I can say we are finished.  I'm having a hard time getting motivated to look for valance fabric, etc.  I'm having some problems with my foot again due to plantar fascitis and it is not comfortable to do a lot of walking even in my good shoes and orthotics.  I have decided I just need to return to the orthopaedic doc and ask for a cortisone injection.  I just hate thinking of the pain; even though it only lasts a few seconds, it is NO FUN. My pain is not on the bottom of my heel but about an inch or two beneath my ankle bone on the inside part of my heel.  If I stand for a long time or do a lot of walking (ie grocery shopping) the pain then radiates up my leg.  I need to ice and do more stretches, I know.  In addition to cortisone I am considering massage therapy. The lady I go to is also certified in orthopaedic massage and might be able to help me...just insurance will not pay.

Besides that, we are all doing good. We are looking forward Robbie getting to vote for the first time in a few days, going to a concert later next week, the opening of  "Skyfall" next Friday night, and a college campus tour next weekend.  Robbie and I are excited about travelling to see Mom and Tom over Thanksgiving for a short autumn vacation.  Busy, busy, busy.

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait to eat your delicious cooking. Those cupcakes are so cute.
    Going to see FLIGHT today. Rocky has not been feeling good. That trip to MI about did all of us in. Mom

    ReplyDelete