Thursday, November 8, 2012

So...

"My name is Fluffy and I've been really stressed out, especially today,"

We've noticed in the past few months that Miss Fluff has lost some weight AND I noticed last week that she has started losing hair on one of her front legs. This week the hair loss started spreading down her chest and the other front leg.  We decided she probably needed to be seen by the vet.


Bob took her to the vet today and when I went outside to meet up with him I noticed a smirk on his face and figured out what he was probably going to say.  Fluffy has anxiety and is stressed out!  All the labs they did turned out just fine...no diabetes, no thyroid issues, good kidney function, etc. etc. etc.  She has lost 1.5 lbs but is otherwise fine.  Bob got to experience what he described as "Stephen King kitty" when he took her out today.  LOL   Normally Fluffy seems so meek and babyish but when she gets pissed off another personality comes out and she will hiss and channels Linda Blair from "The Exorcist" personality that will scare even a full sized human.  He said they had to put her out just to get some blood from her.  I've taken her to the vet; I know what he is talking about.  She is scary when she gets like that.

"My name is Sheba and I'm small but I can take on cats twice my size.  I'm also very sneaky."

After they got home she was still hissing and even scaring Lucas.  He's been walking around with his tail down all day which is not normal for him.  Sheba, who normally engages in terroristic threatening,  has even tip-toed around Fluffy today.  I got the first dose of prozac in her and she is still coming out of the anesthesia and her pupils are still dilated. She is not acting like herself from all of today's trauma. We are being patient with her and haven't even forced her into the litterbox today.  In addition to the prozac we  now have this feline pheramone plug-in thing which is supposed to put off some kind of cat-only detected scent which will make "everyone" feel happy and good, like they are smoking some good ghanga at Woodstock or something.  ha ha!!

"My name is Lucas and I'm the golden child except when I eat too much then vomit all over the carpet.  Why can't we call just get along?"

Only here at this old house.

4 comments:

  1. This has got to be one of the funniest post ever. I really did laugh out loud. I just love your stories. Hang in there with the cat drama.
    Between you and Angie with the animal stories, you all should write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Fluff.........the other two are just little stinkers......mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just as funny at writing, that you remind me of Erma Bombeck.......write a book. Luv, mommie dearest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Shoving a pill down a cat's throat everyday is not going to be fun for me.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete