I suppose sometimes I might be the straw that stirs the drink without even purposefully wanting to do so. ha ha!! Just sayin'.
Robbie and I are looking forward to a little road trip next week to the Mayberry of Southern Alabama. I am cooking a big ole Thanksgiving meal for Mom and Tom at their house and will hang out with them for the week. Bob is looking forward to some quiet time at home where he will work on his wine and not worry about having to share the tv with anyone but the cats.
I will post pictures this weekend but we just had our final soccer event this evening :( It was the end of the year soccer banquet and was so bittersweet. I don't know how I'm going to hold it together for graduation day in May when I can barely keep myself composed watching a soccer slideshow! It was a very nice evening complete with delicious church-lady food at one of the local fellowship halls. Can you say "homemade pie crust"? Mmmmm. One of our neighbors is a church-lady and made the homemade pies for our meal. The players received their certificates and made a few short speeches. I still cannot believe high school soccer is over for us. So sad.
Anyhoo, besides getting things ready for our trip, I've also put up one of our Christmas trees for this year. This one is in the kitchen and has white and purple lights and is wine themed. I made some ornaments including reindeer made from wine corks and small twigs. I will post pictures of those too, after I upload my camera this weekend. They are so cute!!
For now I'm off to bed as it has been a busy few weeks here at this old house and I fear it will not let up until after the holidays.
Wait til you see mayberry's Xmas decorations! Also, be prepared to fly a Blue Angel plane!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete