Sunday, July 6, 2014

Yellowstone: The Scenery

I don't think our scenery photos turned out as good this year as in the past.  I really need to take some photography lessons before next year!  Anyway, we did have a handful of ones that kind of show the true beauty of the park.  We went out on two nights to take sunset photos but one night ended up being overcast.  It was fun being out after dark though. We saw some wildlife and it was just kinda neat.  Below is a photo of the sunset over a thermal area on Firehole Lake Drive.

Below:  Grand Prismatic Spring from the mountain I basically crawled up because it was so steep.

Above: Fairy Falls. This is the one we hiked 5 miles round trip to see after crawling up the mountainside.  ha ha!
Above:  Firehole River right behind Old Faithful.  This was taken from a little bridge right before the coyotes howled in the woods and one ran down right behind me. 
Above:  Lamar Valley area
Above is Bob with his 6" knife, bear pepper spray and walking stick ready to fend off any attacking wildlife as I was taking pictures by the river one evening.  Lol! 
This of course is our home away from home, The Old Faithful Inn.  Ahhhhhhh, I just love it there!

No comments:

Post a Comment